Netservers
1753837 Members
8940 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HDD Spare Part # verfying without shutdown the server.

Nadeem Afzal_2
Occasional Advisor

HDD Spare Part # verfying without shutdown the server.

Dear All,

I have a Compaq Proliant 5500 Server with four hard drives same configuration with raid 5. I want to install one extra drive in the server. I need to verify the spare part # of existing drive for purchasing one extra drive. I could not power off the server due to some critical applications. some one help me to find out the spare part # for hard drive without power down the server?

hoping for the earlier response,

Regards,

Nadeem Afzal
4 REPLIES 4
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Re: HDD Spare Part # verfying without shutdown the server.

Do you have Insight Manager installed ? It should be able to display which drives you've got.
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I have searched in my Proliants and I'm not able to find spare part number of any HDD. No luck with Insight Manager, no luck in "C:\Compaq\survey\survey.txt", and no luck with ADU.
With ADU I get the Vendor ID, Product ID, Product Rev, Vendor Specific, and Serial Number.
Maybe if you get all that info, you can "google" to find the related spare part number.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Zigor
Nadeem Afzal_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick response. I m also try to get needful information from software inventory. So it is requested to u if your get any software share it with me my email address is nadeemafzal74@yahoo.com

Regards,

Nadeem
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor

Hi again,

I'm afraid I don't understand your request very well. What kind of software are you looking for ( ADU?, CIM? ... ) and what is the purpose?

Kind regards,
Zigor