Netservers
1748028 Members
5333 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Netserver LH Pro don't boot after upgrade firmware netraid controller A.04.03

Ago99

HP Netserver LH Pro don't boot after upgrade firmware netraid controller A.04.03

Hi!
I have old HP Netserver LH Pro (Bios v4.05.16 PF) width OS Windows Nt server 4.0. After upgrade firmware HP Netraid controller (D4943) from A.04.00 to latest A.04.03 (fw_all_nr_428_a0403.exe) and run ECU OS Windows NT don't boot:
-----------
NT Detect v4.0 checking hardware...
NT detect failure
-----------
If a boot from Windows NT boot disk
-----------
Ntldr is missing
Press any key to restart
-----------

What can i do to boot my server?
Where i can download firmware to return to version A.04.00?

2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Netserver LH Pro don't boot after upgrade firmware netraid controller A.04.03

I know that ungraging the firmware can erase the array configuration.
I would try re-flashing the firmware again, there might have been a problem. Actually I would download it all over again and start fresh. May be the disk had a bad bit on it.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Ago,

It is usually recommended to update the driver of the controller with in the operating system before you update the firmware.
The reason why is, the old driver and the new firmware of the controller might not understand each other.

You might try one of this
1. Reflash the FW back to A.04.00, that will let you boot to the OS(Operating system). If you get in to the OS update the driver first (you can download driver from this link)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English&pnameOID=15843&prodSeriesId=62472&prodTypeId=329290&basePartNum=ns2032&locBasepartNum=ns2032en&os=Microsoft+Windows+NT+4.0&tech=Driver++Storage+Controller

After that re-flash teh FW on the netraid controller to ver A.04.03.
(I am not sure how you going to get the firmware ver A.04.00 --If you have trouble finding it let me know I might try to send you one)

2. Run the windows setup and press the "S" option to specify the driver for the netraid controller that way you will load the latest driver for that controller for windows NT 4.0 and that should let you get in to the OS with out any problem.

I hope this will help

Regards
Amha Kassa