1752708 Members
5759 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Server TC4100 (P7706T)

Phil Tyler
Advisor

HP Server TC4100 (P7706T)

The real-time clock seems to have gone cuckoo, pardon the pun!When in the F2 BIOS Setup both the date and time leap madly all over the place. I've changed the systemboard battery and it's no better.

Any suggestions, other than replace the systemboard?

I've just replaced the systemboard because of persistant hanging and crashing at a cost of ┬г114 so I don't fancy doing that again.
5 REPLIES 5
TY 007
Honored Contributor

Hello Phil,

Turn off power to the HP server and open the side panel.

Move switch 4 in the configuration switch on the system board (labeled "Clear CMOS") to the ON position.

Turn on the power to the HP server. A message displays indicating the configuration has been cleared.

Turn off power to the HP Server.

Return switch 4 on the system board to the OFF position.

Close the side panel.

Turn on the power to the HP server and the following message displays: Incorrect System Configuration.

Press F2 to run the Setup Utility when F2=Setup appears.

Make any configuration changes required.

Select the Exit option and save the changes to save the configuration and exit the Setup Utility.

Thanks
Phil Tyler
Advisor

Sadly this didn't work. However I've noticed that the clock ISN'T just jumping randomly as I though. Every second it's incrementing not just the seconds but the minutes, hours, day, month and year field by one!

Very bizarre.

Does anyone think flashing the BIOS will help?
Phil Tyler
Advisor

Even more odd!! I took the redundant power supply out and the clock is now behaving itself. How could a 2nd power supply cause this I wonder??? Mad.
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

....2nd power supply removal fixed it?
Mad indeed.......answers on a postcard pls!
Phil Tyler
Advisor

Problem solved.