Netservers
1753416 Members
7464 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hp Netserver LH pro + promise Ultra100TX2

Nathaniel Marrin_1

Hp Netserver LH pro + promise Ultra100TX2

I have installed the promise Ultra100TX2 pci controle in my netserver lh pro. The problem is that the Netsever bios does not like the card. Every time I boot up the eisa setup it informs me that it is removing the pci controler on pci 7.

As this is not set as a valid pci device in the setup my netserver can not boot any device on the controler.

I tried to create a .cfg file with some test data but I am not able to assign a .cfg to a pci device as the empty pci devices do not have an -> beside them.

I would just remove the cdrom from the controler and put it on the 1 ide chanel provided, but lately the ide bus has stoped detecting a cdrom and I am unawre of the area to reinitalize this feature.
4 REPLIES 4
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

Re: Hp Netserver LH pro + promise Ultra100TX2

Nathaniel,

Since it's a PCI card don't don't need to add it to the EISA configuration and you cannot create a CFG file for it (this is only for EISA cards!)
The standard CD-Rom player in a netserver LH Pro is a SCSI CD-Rom, so that won't work on IDE controller.
Just reconnect ot to the SCSI cable and connector.
If it's still not detected, try to perform a CLR CMOS by setting the appropriate dipswitch on the motherboard.
After this you have to enter EISA configuration to save the setup configuration.

Hope this helps,

Marco.
Nathaniel Marrin_1

Sorry that I didn't make it clear in the first post. The SCSI cdrom has died, so I replaced it with a 52x ide cdrom. I have this and a 60 gig ide drive connected to a pci Promise card. The issue is that the promise card is not detected by the bios. Worse it is removed every time you enter the eisa configuration. I have boot from pci before scsi enabled, but because it doesn't see my promise card (instead it says that the slot is empty when it is not) it does not boot from any of these devices.

However windows and linux will poll the card so I can use the devices listed. I just cant get the bios to boot from them.
foofoo

this posting is old, but have you meanwhile got a solution, because i have now the same problem ?:-(
foofoo

ANYBODY OUT THERE?
someone reading this questions?
feedback desired!