1752667 Members
5673 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IDE RAID Controller

Derolan Pillay
Occasional Advisor

IDE RAID Controller

I have a hp Proliant ML330 server and I'm trying to install the Windows 2003 Sever on it. However it does not recognise the hard drive. I have tried downloading the CSB-6 Ultra ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller and run it when it asks me to specify additional mass storage devices. But it doesnt read it off the floppy. Could someone please tell me what driver I should download and where I can find it please. It would really be helpful if I can get this information.
11 REPLIES 11
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

you are meaning that windows, during the installation process, qhen you pess F6, doesn't read the driver from the floppy?

and, after that, windows is not able to find out the HDs in RAID and install itself over them?

let me know.

Bye

TJK.
<> Leonardo da Vinci
Derolan Pillay
Occasional Advisor

When I boot windows up, it does not seem to read the hard drive in there. And therfore I am unable to install windows. I have tried downloading the CSB-6 Ultra ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller but the doesnt run of the floppy when I am prompted for an additional disk controller for the use of windows during the setup. During the windows setup, it says,

"Setup was unable to load support for the mass storage device you specified. Currectly, Setup will load support for the following mass storage device(s):

* To specify additional SCSI adapters, CD-ROM drives, or special disk controllers for the use with Windows.including those for which you have a device support disk from a mass storage device manufacturer, press S.

* If you do not have any device support disks from a mass storage device manufacturer, or do not want to specify additional mass storage devices for the use with Windows, press ENTER."

When I do press "S" and try and run the RAID Controller of a floppy disk, it is unable to do so. What should I do??
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

are you using an external USB floppy?
let me know.
TJK
<> Leonardo da Vinci
Derolan Pillay
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I am using an using a USB Floppy drive. Does that make a difference??
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

yes,may be make the difference.
windows, at the second start, during installation, sisable the USB ports.
are you using an HP USB floppy?
let me know.
the problem will be solved ...
TJK
<> Leonardo da Vinci
Derolan Pillay
Occasional Advisor

No, I'm using an iomega usb drive.
Derolan Pillay
Occasional Advisor

I apologise for that. NO, I am not using a usb floppy drive on the server.... Its an internal floppy drive. I follow the setup as it explains. I pressed F6, then followd it by press S to specify addtional controllers. The green light on the floppy comes on, stating it is reading the floppy. However, it does not seem to read the file/files that are on there.
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

OK,

...may be You can find the solution for a few "assigned points" to the answers...

try to do this:

connect to the site
www.nliteos.com

download the "installer".
run the installer.
follow the instructions.

so, you can create your own bootable CD containing all the driver you need.

after that, you can try to install windows usig that cd.

yuo don't have to press "F6"...

all the driver windows need will be on the CD you created.

let me know...

bye.

TJK.
<> Leonardo da Vinci
Derolan Pillay
Occasional Advisor

I will try that and let you know. Thanks...