1753729 Members
4630 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing Windows 200 server in HP Server TC4100

Raphael Peraza
Advisor

Installing Windows 200 server in HP Server TC4100

I have a HP Server tc4100 with a NetRaid-1M controller, and when I want to install Windows 2000 server appears to me an error that "it does not obtain hard disk" I installed driver of the NetRAID with the option of f6 of the Windows installer and it appears the same error, some of you is has presented him the same problem? exists some solution?

thank
2 REPLIES 2
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Raphael,

do you see a logical drive configured when the Netraid 1M controller comes up at server boot/POST time ?

If so, are you succesfull in loading the 1M Netraid driver from your floppy during the Windows install process ?

The V5.29 driver should work fine and it's downloadable here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English&pnameOID=51917&prodSeriesId=51915&prodTypeId=329290&basePartNum=ns1957&locBasepartNum=ns1957en&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000+Server&tech=Driver++Storage+Controller

With the above 2 points checked i can't think of anything else that could be wrong if the H/W functions correctly.

Hope This Helps

Kris
e4services
Honored Contributor

It does sound like your drive or drives are connected to the RAID controller, but you have not configured them as an array, therefore there is no logical drive. Drives connected to the RAID controller are not presented to the BIOS directly as they would with a standard SCSI or IDE controller. Because the RAID controller is design to tie multiple drives together, you must configure the drives on the controller so it will create a "logical" drive that it will present back to the BIOS to appear as a single disk.
Hot Swap Hard Drives