108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Integrated NetRAID on LH3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Schmidt_2
Occasional Advisor

Integrated NetRAID on LH3000

I want to upgrade my firmware on the LH3000 integrated NetRAID controller. I don't have the correct Navagator CD version that has it here at this location, so is there anywhere on the web site I can download it? I went to the drivers page for "NetRAID" but I didn't see an entry for the integrated netraid, only the add on cards.

Any help would be appreciated!
9 REPLIES 9
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Integrated NetRAID on LH3000

Is the system an Ultra 2 or Ultra 3 based system? The part number of the server will tell you this. If it ends in A it is ultra 2, if it ends in B it is ultra 3.
Mike Schmidt_2
Occasional Advisor

It is an Ultra 3 system.
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Here is a link to all the downloads available for the LH3000, including the firmware update for the U3 netraid controller.

http://h20004.www2.hp.com/keeper_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix50449.html
Mike Schmidt_2
Occasional Advisor

I have the updated firmware on now. I still have 2 problems.

1. In the NetRAID Express Tools, for each hard drive, in the vendor id and product id fields, it is just showing garbage.

2. In the first array, it is showing *PROC, Processor, why is that in here? I've never seen that before.
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

1. What do you mean by garbage?

2. Proc is the saf-te processor. It will always be there.
Mike Schmidt_2
Occasional Advisor

What I mean by garbage is stuff like the pie symbol, and other none keyboard characters. I would expect the product id field to say something like 18.2GB along with the manufacurer, but instead I get 9.8@#$@!#$#%#!@, not exactly those characters, but you get what I'm trying to say.

Will having those there somehow make my server less reliable?

I have the latest firmware for the netraid, and for the BIOS on the machine (LH3000).
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Did you also try the backplane firmware flash? Does it shows this for all drives? Do you have more than one cage in the system? What does the cable look like that is connecting the controller to the drive cage?
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Mike,

I would recommend booting into F2 to enable LVLD SCSI from NetRaid and see if the SCSI controller sees the hdd information and fw levels of the drives. It could be a communication issue between fw levels of the hdds and the Netraid.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!

Try to get a copy of the latest Navigator CD (4.05). Usually it ships with any server and it is valid for the current server models. Eventually ask your supplier to burn you a copy of their disk.

Otherwise you can buy a subscription from HP (about 300 bucks a year)

The Navigator is extremely useful even for analysis and for starting up a dead box
Never trust a thing that thinks by itself if you don't know where it has it's brain...