7698 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LP1000r Rack Mount Kit

Tim Wescott_3
Advisor

LP1000r Rack Mount Kit

Hello

This might sound like a silly question, but I have a number of LP1000'r racked with other servers top and bottom. I want to remove the 1000r's from the rack, which I can do by sliding them out, but I can't get the rack kit out without taking the side of the cabinet off, unsitable solution, or taking out a server above to release the spring with my finger, also an unsuitable solution.

Is there a 'tool' to release the rack kit so I don't have to take cabinet sides off or remove other servers?!?!?

If not, is there a knack to removing it?

Thanks
Tim
6 REPLIES 6
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Re: LP1000r Rack Mount Kit

Tim,

take a close look at this document and see how they show the racking is done and try to reverse the steps to remove the rails.

http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpn10862/lpn10862.pdf

HTH

Kris
Tim Wescott_3
Advisor

Thanks for the reply, but the diagrams show the rack with the sides off or not server above or below.

I need to know if it's possible to remove the rack with taking off the sides or removing other servers.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

You should be able to disengage the rails on the server from the rails on the rack. There are 3 wheels on each side which will stop the server from sliding out any further. Each time you get to one, lift up on the front of the server to disengage that lock. The server should slide out a little further. Do this until the server is completely out of the rack; then you can access the rails in the rack from the inside.

Best of luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Tim Wescott_3
Advisor

Thanks Sean

The server does not have the clips to stop it moving forward at intervals, only two retaining screws at the front.

The rack kit looks like the one in the diagram on page four of the link in a previous response.

Tim
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi tim,

slide the server fully out until it latches and holds. then you should see to small green buttons or tabs that can be pressed in to fully release the server complete with the inner rails attached.
pull the server completely out and you should be able to remove the outer rails from the rack seperatly

If this fails then it sounds like that they havent been installed correct

Andy
Tim Wescott_3
Advisor

Andy

The server does not 'latch'. When slid in it is only secured by two screws on the front. When released and all the cables are disconnected the server fully slides out with no other catches or clips being pressed.

Tim