1753918 Members
8071 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LP200r Netraid 4m Losing files

Julian Griffiths
Frequent Advisor

LP200r Netraid 4m Losing files

I have an LP2000r with a Netraid4m connected to a RackStorage/12 with 6 73Gb drives. It is configured as two separate 146Gb Raid5 arrays with two cables from the netraid4m into two separate controlers in the Rackstorage/12.

The system runs NT4 Server with SP6a and is resonably uptodate with Microsoft fixes.

One of the raid5 arrays holds Macintosh files, so Services for Mac is running with two Mac volumes on that array.

The server acts as the central storage for our students and staff.

I am getting regular occurrences of users saying that they have lost all their work, which we then have to restore from tape. We also get users saying that they are unable to save as they get a message saying that the server is full when there is plenty of space.

Event logs show no problems and consistency checks etc are OK.

I do sometimes get event ID 2009 errors and wondered if the NT4 communications limit of 2048 is the problem?

Any advice would be welcome.
We are getting fairly regular occur
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

What is the source of your event ID 2009?

Check eventid.net : http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2009&source=

Also are you able to copy data through explorer to the array in NT?

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Julian Griffiths
Frequent Advisor

the specific error is;
Error: 0x3eb (SRV_TABLE_SESSION)

I have found that Server Manager can sometimes show an excessive number of user sessions, say over 2000, when the usual number is about 2-300. Often there is one computer which shows up many times and closing the sessions down for that PC restores the number of sessions to what would be expected. This seems to occur only with XP professional PCs.

The problem seems to have gone away for the moment. I have turned auditing on (delete success for all users files) in a hope that I might be able to find out what is happening.
Julian Griffiths
Frequent Advisor

Upgraded to Windows 2000