1752815 Members
6329 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LPR bios re-flash problem- problem with file sdredit.exe

Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

LPR bios re-flash problem- problem with file sdredit.exe

We have a problem with some of the green led's on the front panel not working. I have been advised to power down the server disconnect the power cable for a couple of minutes and restart- this did not work.

Secondly to reflash the bios ( although it already is the latest version 4.06.35 pr ) because sometimes the front panel's firmware gets out of step with the system bios.

I created the diskette and booted the server- it goes into the flash screen and when i ask it to reflash it says there is a problem with the file SDREDIT.EXE.

Has anybody come across this before?

2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi
if you arrive at this point, you have done all what you can do by yourself, probably you need to replace the card with the managment which is the one giving you the problem.
better thing is to call HP and see with them if they can run some utility or replace the raider board
bye
marino
Tarjei Aase
Advisor

We have a lot of LPr with the same error, it could not be flashed because the problem with sdredit.exe.

Many of these server also displayed some error in the POST, like:

0080-51 : NetServer Management Controller Selftest Failure 0090-64 :
DIMM Management Failure

A man from HP made a bootdiskett with some extra files:

flash.exe (44 kb)
lprm_us.bin (128 kb)
readme.txt

When i run the flash-program it told me that the MMC was stuck in boot-mode. After booting the server again all the error was gone, and the green led was working again.

But the MMC-firmware was changed from a newer to an older release, so I had to "upgrade" the bios on the LPR to 4.06.35 again.

I couldn't find these files anywhere at hp.com so I try to post them as an attachment.

Make a bootdiskett and add the files. Read the readme.txt.