1753307 Members
6357 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LX PRO

David Bonamo

LX PRO

I have a LX pro and the video is very dim, the monitor is ok. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Do you mean the monitor/video is not bright enough?
I assume you have tried the monitor on another system. What happens when you adjust the brightness on the monitor itself?
When was it last working ok?
David Bonamo

Thanks for the reply,

The monitor is fine on all my other systems. I use a KVM switch, I have tried connecting LX directly to the monitor and the screen is still dim. Monitor brightness is max. I have tried differant VGA cables also. I have never ran into this type of problem before.

Thanks

Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

have you tried reinstalling the video driver?
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

David,

This is a long-delayed posting, but I just saw your thread. Maybe you still check it now & then or set it up for email notification...

My best guess is that something has happened to the VGA port on the server so that it's not driving the monitor hard enough. The most effective fix would be to stick in a basic video card and disable the onboard video. The video on most of the servers is generally nothing to write home about, anyway, as servers are generally not intended for running high-performance graphics apps.

Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
David Bonamo

Thanks all, I new video card did the trick.

Thanks

David
Vladimir Lantsman

David, I have the exactli same isue. How did you disable the onboard video, and what kind of video card did uou use? I'm usin an ATI video card and as soon as I install it I loose all video onboard and ATI, server does not continue to boot, just sits there no screen. Please HELP!!!