Netservers

Logical Drives refused to load after swapping drives

Obinna Mbagwu
Occasional Contributor

Logical Drives refused to load after swapping drives

In an attempt to clean up hardrives in my netserver LC2000, I removed the drives and put them back after cleaning. On booting a message appeared saying "drives not in correct positions,drive roaming done". Consequently, another meessage saying "operating system not found" appeared after the POST. Kindly furnish me with a solution to the problem as this server contains critical data and applications
2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Logical Drives refused to load after swapping drives

Seems that you put the drive back in the server ina different order/position, that is in different slots than they came from. They must be in the original positions
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: Logical Drives refused to load after swapping drives

Is there a NetRAID card installed in this server? If so, what model?
If no NetRAID card then I assume the drives are cabled to the integrated SCSI (Symbios SCSI). The SCSI ID numbering for hot swap drives is determined by the physical drive location. Assuming this is the LC2000 pedestal version (not rack or LC2000r), the SCSI ID numbering starts at the bottom with ID #). The number sequence is 0, 1, 2, 3, 8 & 9. This is assuming low profile (LP) drives are installed - the LC2000 does support the physically larger half-height (HH) drives.
If there was a drive (originally) in the bottom-most slot, try each drive in this slot on at a time to see if you can find which drive as the OS.
Did you create any logical drives in the OS?