Re: Lpr Error:sdredit.exe failed

wangzhenfei
Frequent Advisor

Lpr Error:sdredit.exe failed

hello ,my machine is hp netserver lpr,
when my machine boot,it meets an error :
"0080-51 and 0090-64",when i update BIOS,it
also shows "Error:sdredit.exe failed".
i dont know how should i to do next to resolve the problem ,any suggestions will be welcome,thank you very much.
5 REPLIES 5
Chandan Kumar_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

That error indicates that there is a problem with the MMC firmware (a component of the system BIOS).

There is some weird convergence of the planets that causes it. Here is HP's explanation:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpn14088

There are some steps you can take to clear this problem. Before starting the following trouble-shooting steps, make sure you remove any installed Top Tools cards and take note of your CMOS settings, particularly the config of SCSI ports A&B and boot order (the following steps will clear out your CMOS config). And download the system BIOS from here:
http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix50448en_US.html

First, clear CMOS by doing the following:

1. Unplug the server from all power, LAN and serial cables for at least five minutes (this completely drains the capacitors on the system board);
2. Once the system is unplugged, open up the CPU side of the server and locate the DIP switches near the CMOS battery (if you have the optional CPU fan installed, it may be covered by that)
3. Move switch 5 (the clear cmos switch) to ON
4. Plug everything back in and power the system back (5 minutes should probably be up by now)
5. You should see a message that the switch needs to be turned off
6. Power system back off and move switch number 5 back to the OFF position
7. Power the system back on and this time you will see a message that says something to the effect of "incorrect system config, press F2 to enter setup"
8. Press F2 to enter setup
9. Press F10 to exit saving changes

Your CMOS has been cleared.

Next, you need to flash the BIOS and clear CMOS again to complete the troubleshooting:

10. Boot to BIOS update floppy in order to flash the BIOS
11. Clear CMOS again by repeating steps 1-7
12. Press F2 to enter setup
13. Make any changes to CMOS settings that you need to in order to get them back to the way they were
14. When you are done, press F10 to exit saving changes

If you see any errors during the BIOS flash, particularly an SDREdit.exe error you will need to get a separate MMC firmware flash file from HP tech support.

Contact info for HP tech support in the US is here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/phone_assist.html#section1

Learn. Share. Inspire.
wangzhenfei
Frequent Advisor

thanks for your reply,but i had already meets
the "Error:sdredit.exe failed",how should i do next to resolve the problem.(i had cleared CMOS already )
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Wang,

Here's what you need to do: In my previous post here:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=972017
substitute the following lines:
3. Run the following command from the BIOS diskette: A:\> flashmmc lprra_us.bin
4. When that completes, run the following command: A:\> sdredit -w -f list_lpr.sdr

Don't forget that it is critically important that you drain the power to the management controller before you do this otherwise, you won't be able to get past the SDREdit failure. Disconnect ALL power, including any managed UPS's and hold the power switch for at least 10 seconds. This will effectively do the same thing as the instruction that tells you to disconnect for 5 minutes, or 8 minutes or 10 minutes depending on who's instructions you read. Holding in the power switch will drain the "flea" power from the management controller.

Let us know how that goes,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.
I am King...of my apartment.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

One last thing:

If this fails to resolve the issue, the I/O Riser Board is defective and needs to be replaced. The part number is D6129-69000 and HP offers a core-replacement on the failed part. Otherwise, you will need D6129-63000.

Hope this helps,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.