1751887 Members
5374 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MEMMORY KILLED THE SERVER LC2000

Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

MEMMORY KILLED THE SERVER LC2000

WHEN TRYINIG TO ADD 512MB D8267A AND AFTER SWITHCH ON A PLUE SCREEN COMMING WITH ONE LIN HARDWARE ERROR CHICK WITH HW VENDOR THEN THE SERVER STOPPED AT ALL.I TRIED THE FOLLOWING
REMOVED NEW MEMMORY;REPLACE ALL MEMMORY;REMOVE ALL CARD(RAIED);REPLACE POWER SUBBLY;REPLACE MAIN BOARD,REMOVE ALL HD.ALL POWER CABLE FROM DEVICES,I CHICKED P3 M.PROCESSOR IN ANTHER MACHINE ITS OK;BUT STILL THE SERVER NOT GOING UP JUST FAN IS WORKING ,IT SEEMS TO ME IT IS NOT DETCTING M.PROCEESR,THE ONLY THING I DIDNOT REPLACE IS CONTROL PANNEL,BACK PLANE,FANS,VRMS,(SOME THING STRANGE!!!!!)WHAT COULD BE?
HASSAN
5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: MEMMORY KILLED THE SERVER LC2000

Sounds like your firmware got fried. You will probably need to replace your mother board.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

I did this harry but as i explained server still did;anther thing that after i plug the power core server not responding to pressing switch on;and if i leave the server without press on it will try to inilise automatically but only fan is going up?
HASSAN
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi
try this standard trubleshoot:
disconect all added card,
disconnect al devices (fdd, hdd, cd-rom)(caable can be damaged by the fan chassi)
check for good connection between power supply and mother board
check removing memory if you receive some beep code(means bios is starting and didn't found memory)
try moving processor and his vrm on the second position.
you should have some result
bye
marino
Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

i did this again after desconect all cables except front bannel but same state;also no power led in flopy driv so i am not able to do bios recovery;and server still trying to go up even without press sw on it seems to me it could be the front bannel board;fan iswaking fine
HASSAN
Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

hi all;
as I was expecting ;I got the front banel,I replaced it servr start working and all ather part is ok
thanke you for all who reply me
ahmed
HASSAN