4884 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitoring E800 CPU Temperatures

Stuart Occleshaw
Occasional Advisor

Monitoring E800 CPU Temperatures

Hi,

I have two E800 netservers. I am concerned about the CPU temperatures of these machines due to where they are located (relatively enclosed area). I installed HP TopTools to try and monitor the CPU temp, but couldn't find anything in the application to do so. TopTools isn't working 100%, one of the sections refuses to render in a browser and tries to download the application instead of executing it on the server. (Has anyone seen this before perhaps?).

I installed MBM and selected Asus A7M266-M as the motherboard (I *think* this is basically the motherboard inside the E800 - please correct me if wrong). MBM had three generic temp counters. One showed 37C, one 75C and the other 77C. This to me looks like system temp, and cpu0 and cpu1 temp. Obviously 75C is a little on the worrying side. That is, if it's accurate. I don't think this is accurate.

Can someone please tell me the proper way to monitor the CPU's in these servers?

Many thanks,

Stu
2 REPLIES 2
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Stu,

One thing I want to point out; there are 2 different utilities that you should not confuse. One is HP TopTools and the other is Instant TopTools. You want the second one and can download it here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=45937&prodNameId=20916&swEnvOID=226&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns-11142-1

If it doesn't load in you web browser, it's because you need Java installed. Go to java.sun.com to get the latest version and it should load fine.

The CPU Temperatures can be accessed by clicking on the "Status" Tab and choosing "Temperature" under the System Environment section on the left.

Hope this is helpful,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Stuart Occleshaw
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks. Turns out one of my problems was using Firefox instead of IE.

Anyway. Under "Status", I dont have environment details, only system components and system management.

Is this wrong?

Thanks,

Stu