1753759 Members
4599 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetRaid 4M firmware

Hanief Edwards

NetRaid 4M firmware

I want to migrate a Netraid controller to a new system, but when i do and go into the setups no disks displays under the Disk Utilities option. Also POST disables the BIOS after NETRAID Controller displays 'POST successful'. The Netraid firmware is at 4632. The controller detects and works fine in the old computer.

I may mention that i had a similar problem with a Dell Perc 2 364 RAID adapter. (Both adapters are marked as ADAPTEC 3642.) The Dell controller problem was fixed with a firmware update from Dell.

The Dell firmware is copyrighted 2003 whereas the Netraid 4632 firmware is copyrighted 2000. Where can i find newer firmware for the Netraid?
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: NetRaid 4M firmware

Version 4623 seems to be the latest. It can be found in the software and drivers section on www.hp.com with a date code of 2003

Version: 4632 (7 Feb 2003)

search for "netraid4m"

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Hanief Edwards

Re: NetRaid 4M firmware

Thanks for the reply. Version 4632 is what i'm having trouble with. The firmware is actually dated Sep 9 2002 and the copyright notice displays 2000 during the POST. As i mentioned earlier the later Dell update fixed the identical problems on the Dell equivalent of this controller. It seems that the Dell update upped the clock speed to allow their controller to work with newer(faster?) pci busses. I'm guessing this because the netraid controller seems fine in the older(slower) pci bus on my previous server.

i know that the dell update upped the max scsi bus from 80 to 160, whereas the Netraid was already at 160 all along. The dell therefore seems to be an earlier edition of the adaptec controller even though it now works better with newer hardware.

i really need the NETRAID to be upgraded because it sports a bigger cache and also, my other server is a HP!