Netservers
1753464 Members
4747 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NetServer 5/100 LH

CA1182458

NetServer 5/100 LH

When I startup my system it seems to be in a loop. I gets to the Window 2000 startup screen, but the progress bar stops half way. Whenever I interrupt by pressing 'F' keys, I receives a 'Stop Error' 0x0000007B Inaccessible_Boot_Device, which indicates to: "Check viruses on your computer and to check the hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer." I have tried to start the system in 'Safe Mode' w/ & w/o command prompt, plus Last Known good; Also I can't run 'Setup' to try and configure hard drive nor can I run CHKDSK. This is a RAID Server. Please tell me how to get beyond this point so I may retrieve the data...thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: NetServer 5/100 LH

Hi There,

looks like a problem with MBR.

boot the server from DOS floppy with Fdisk utility and Run Fdisk/Mbr to fix the issue.

check this article for more information :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=45937&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=lpn14418

Hope the information provided is helpful. Click the Kudos Star! to recognise the same.
ITRC Style Sitemap.

thanks,

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo