Netservers
1753743 Members
4786 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetServer LH Plus (Dual P166 392MB RAM)

John Thomas_10

NetServer LH Plus (Dual P166 392MB RAM)

I'm trying to install Win 2000 Advanced Server on a dual P166. I have 6 9gig hard drives, 3 configued as raid0 and 3 configued as raid5. The POST tells me that both logical drives are working. Trying to boot from the CD, I get an error message that says "Couln't find NTLDR" If I use a dos boot disk that has scsi CD-ROM drivers and try to start setup from dos, the setup program tells me that it can't find any hard dirves. What am I doing wrong??
5 REPLIES 5
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: NetServer LH Plus (Dual P166 392MB RAM)

John,

You need to make sure to load the netraid drivers manually by pressing F6 to load 3rd party drivers, S to skip and S to specify HP Netraid provided drivers.

Here is the page to choose which netraid you have and then create the 2000 driver for the appropriate netraid.
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcomтМй=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=software&h_query=netraid&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Obviously 2000 was never tested or supported on that old LH Plus..

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
John Thomas_10

I figured I needed additional drivers to make it work. I just wasn't sure what netraid drivers to use. The bios tells me I have a AIC-7880 controler. I'll check the netraid win 2000 drivers and see what happens. Thanks
John
John Thomas_10

I don't have a netraid controller, it's a Mylex DAC960PL RAID Controller. I'm looking around for dos drivers for it. I can't boot off of the cd for some reason, I get an error (Couldn't find NTLRD) so I think if I can find dos drivers for the mylex card I should be able to run win2k server setup from dos.
John Thomas_10

From what I can tell, the dos driver for the mylex controler is megaspi.sys I added it to my boot disk and entered device=megaspi.sys to the config.sys file, but that didn't work either. If anyone has any other ideas. Please let me know. Thanks

John
Michael Lashinsky
Occasional Advisor

I have a Netserver LH Plus and a Netserver 5/166 LS2. I am trying to load Win2K Server to set up a Win 2000 student network for myself and a friend to study on. I had the same issues as the author. I was able to load Win2k by using the 4 floppies, but when I try to boot up for the first time, I get this error message.

A disk read eror occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot

Any suggestions?