1747980 Members
4725 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetServer LH Pro

John Fenton

NetServer LH Pro

I have a dual 200 Pro that is not in service at the moment but I am trying to put it back on line. Just today the NetRaid card stopped detecting the drives. I have run the Express Tools to no avail and also tested the SCSI Bus with the assistant disk and everything looks fine except there are no drives. How do I make the Netraid controller see the 6 drives I have in place?

Thanks,

John
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: NetServer LH Pro

John,

Am I correct in understanding that both the Ctrl-M and the Ctrl-A don't see the hdd's? Do you get any messages on fw initializing or drives spinning up? Have you tried booting with only one hdd at a time to see if you have a bad hdd or a bad slot? That is where I would start.. If you don't see hdd's off either controller try a different channel on the controllers, try a different cable.. Try a common tray hdd if you have one available.. If you fail to see the hdds with all of the above tests you have a bad drive backplane.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
John Fenton

Ok,

I traded the cable from SCSI A to SCSI B and the drives are all detected and available though not to raid. The Netraid adapter tries to enumerate the channels and just sits there until it times out and says there is no Netraid card.

Next I moved the cable from SCSI B to the first plugin on the the top edge of the Netraid card and the Netraid enumeration will find the IDs on Channel 0 but then hangs on channel 1 and then times out with No NetRaid card.

So, I can use the drives but not with the NetRaid card. Anyone know how to reset the settings on the NetRaid adapter? There is no CTRL A and CTRL M doesn't work.

Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

John,

It sounds like you have a dead netraid card. There is no way to reset the NetRaid card like you can with the CMOS on the server. You need a replacement netraid card from the sounds of it if the hdds alls show up correctly on the SCSI controller but not the netraid. Ebay and http://www.pmount.com both have older netraid cards available.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Vernon_2
Frequent Advisor

I had that exact same problem and it turned out that it was just the cable. Why it worked on the adaptec controler but not the netraid I have no idea.