1753956 Members
7545 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netserver 5/100 lc

richard langford

Netserver 5/100 lc

i have an old netserver 5/100 lc, the problem is it won't load DOS, when i got the server it was running novel 3.12 then put linux(red hat 5) on which ran fine
but now i want to return it to novel. when i put a boot disk in the drive it gets to starting ms dos....... and thats all it does its not the disk, it works on my other pc's it's not the drive ive swapped them around and they all work, the wierd thing is it will boot linux from disk,

Any ideas?? please help
2 REPLIES 2
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Netserver 5/100 lc

Richard,

Will it boot the Navigator CD? When you boot the DOS disk (based on what you said, I assume this is a floppy), what exactly happens? Did you try bypassing the config.sys and autoexec.bat on the DOS floppy? Maybe you're trying to load some device file that the LC doesn't like...

I'll be interested to hear more.

Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
richard langford

Re: Netserver 5/100 lc

sadly i dont have a navigator cd.

on boot a warning message appears: A drive larger than 1 gigabyte has been detected with 64 head / 32 sector partitioning. this drive is not compatable with the 225/ 63 sector translation which has been enabled on the adapter, data could be corrupted! Please check your system setup! press any key to continue

when you press a key it boots just like any other pc, if theres a floppy in the drive it atempts to boot from it, the only os it will load is linux.

Msdos: i have already tried to to bypas config.sys etc but the Lc doesnt get that far in loading, it literally says:

Starting MSDOS...

then the system hangs