1753782 Members
7307 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver E 50 continuous beep

Chad_68
Occasional Contributor

Netserver E 50 continuous beep

I have a netserver E 50. It was on a UPS and the power went out .. When i boot it . It seems fine till after it spins firmware drives. Whe it is done it starts beeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeeep . It boots up and run just fine no problems . Hard drives have penty of space. Also i have changed my Cmos Battery ... ANy suggestions. If i reset Cmos will operating system still boot . It runs sco unix
6 REPLIES 6
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Chad,

Since you are running SCO, your going to need to schedule down time and boot into Ctrl-M. You have a hdd which is in a failed state. Go try to run a rebuild on your failed hdd. Also since you lost power check and make sure all hdds show capacity incase you lost a drive with the power event.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Chad_68
Occasional Contributor

Greg i will schedule downtime tonight . When you say boot with control m what exactly do you mean . My main concern is i dont loose any of the operating system and can bring back up after rebuild

Thanks Chad
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Chad,

I'm making an assumption that you have a netraid controller in your e-50. It would give a continuous beep if you had a hdd in a failed state. How many hdds do you have installed? You should always make sure you have a good backup before you run a rebuild on a netraid just incase something fails during the rebuild process.

Greg
Lets Roll!
Chad_68
Occasional Contributor

yes a netraid controller and two hdd
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Ok, you then are running on a single hdd with one failed. Just follow my steps and you should have no problems..

Greg
Lets Roll!
Chad_68
Occasional Contributor

thanks