New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver E60 Smartstart?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Arjan Anthonisse
Occasional Contributor

Netserver E60 Smartstart?

Hi,

I tried to use SmartStart with a NetServer e60, but 7.20 is too new for this server.

Which SmartStart version is usable on the E60?
5 REPLIES 5
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Arjan,

The SmartStart CD's are only for Proliant Servers. What you are looking for is the Netserver Navigator CD. The latest version for this server is M.04.05 (Part Number: 5065-7470)

These are no longer available from HP, but you may be able to find one by searching the internet.

I should mention that the Navigator CD is not required to install the O/S. The only added functionality it has is an assisted install which puts a whole bunch of SCSI/RAID Drivers in your device list, and it creates a Utility Partition that you will probably never use.

I recommend finding your mass storage driver from the HP Driver Download page located here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=18330&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=45937&cc=us
You can find BIOS and Firmware under the "Cross Operating System" link and each of the drivers are found under the specific Operating System you are installing.

Hope this helps,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
topnut
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sean,

I tried but failed to find a copy of Navigator (ver M.04.05). Do you have any idea where I can get one?

many thanks.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Arjan,

Sorry you were unable to locate a copy of the Navigaor CD. I have an iso image but haven't found a site that will host a 400MB file yet. What exactly do you need the CD for? Maybe I can figure out a work-around for you.

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
topnut
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a NetServer E60 with one single 8~9 Gb SCSI disk. I have problems to reinstall a clean copy of Windwos 2003.

I have tried the following:

- updated BIOS to version 4.06.26 PN.
- run the SCSI Utility: selected the SCSI disK, formatted and verify the SCSI disk
- run NetServer Navigator M.02.00. However, the Navigator always freezes during its running
- run DiagTools Version 2.40.2. All tests passed except some SCSI tests.

Passed
SCSI Disk Self Test
SCSI Disk Read Test

Not Passed
SCSI Disk Boot Sector Test
"Invalid partition table one Drive 0"
topnut
Occasional Advisor

BTW, I also posted the question at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1064882.

You can reply my question there so I can assign you points.