Netservers
1754020 Members
7317 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver LH4 Linux Toptools

Tom Judge

Netserver LH4 Linux Toptools

HP Tech support inform me that there are no TopTools equivilent applications for linux, dose anyone know of any tools that will allow me to access the sensor information and event log under linux?

Or does anyone have the documentation on how to access the event log, lcd screen and sensor information on the LH4?
4 REPLIES 4
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

the best option would be to get hold of a TTRC (TopTools Remote Control Card) with productnumber P1218A or D6028A which is a PCI card with a webinterface where you can connect to with a browser and read logs, clear logs, reboot, power off/on the server, read sensors like temp, voltage , remote console (text based), send email alerts etc etc

By default the LH4r and other Netservers also have a build in remote management port (via the management port on the back)
but that is text based and uses the serial port so not sure if that is a option for you. It needs to be configured initially via the Navigator cdrom (for baudrate, users , eventual modem or pager settings and password etc).

Check here for documentation:

TTRC :
------

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179111&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=62319

Integrated remote assistant :
-----------------------------

http://h200007.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpn11724/lpn11724.pdf

It does not list Linux as a supported OS but since this works at the hardware level their is no problem but you wont have all features described.

HTH

Kris
Tom Judge

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the tip on the TopTools card I will see if I cand find a second hand one to give it a try.

On the intigrated management controller front, I have tried to make use of it with little success. I have configured it at the address of com2 and disabled the second serial port in the bios. Used the configuration utility off the navigator cd to set up the connection settings (direct cable, 34800 baud) and added an administrator username and password to the system. I have also installed a utility partition using the navigator cd. But when I try to access the management interface using a null modem cable that I purchased the only thing that I ever get up on the terminal are power on and post complete messages in a format similar to: "!000002:229084 Front panel power off". The terminal was configured in ansi mode 8 data bits 1 stop bit. If there is anything that anyone can suggest to get the internal management interface to work?

Thanks

Tom Judge

kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Tom,

it's been a while i used this but what you 'should' see is the menu screen like shown in chapter 6 page 56 of the manual to start with and for the event log choose option 1 (see below). Do you get to this at all ?

MAIN MENU
Server Name: HP NetServer, Server ID: 001, RA Firmware: A.00.01
1. Show Event Log
2. Show Status
3. Console Redirection
4. Server Reset/Power Menu
5. Reboot to Utility Partition
6. Event Management Configuration
7. Administrator/Pager Configuration
8. Management Port Passthru
0. Disconnect
Enter Selection:

Kris

Tom Judge

Hi Kris,

Unfortunatly I do not get presented with that screen at all. I have tried connecting using an old X terminal's serial port and a using hyperterminal in windows 2003 both with no luck.

Tom Judge