Netservers
1753905 Members
9756 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem getting usb 2.0 flashdisk and harddrive to work on Netserver E60

SoHuat

Problem getting usb 2.0 flashdisk and harddrive to work on Netserver E60

I have a Netserver E60 with Windows 2000 Professional SP4 installed. I installed a PCI USB hub (4 ports) board. When i plug in a usb 2.0 thumb drive or even portable hard drive, it won;t detect the device.

I see a yellow exclamation in the Device Manager window and when i try to reinstall the driver i get the following error:

"An error occurred during the installation of the device. The installation failed because a FUNCTION DRIVER was not specified for this device instance."

Can anyone help me resolve this? Thks

4 REPLIES 4
e4services
Honored Contributor

sounds like the driver does not support the devices and another is need specific to the devices
Hot Swap Hard Drives
SoHuat

Thanks E4services. I have tried but to no success. The same device works well on my notebook PC running Windows 2000. Do u think it is due to BIOS or motherboard not supporting it cos the server is pretty old.

I tried looking for an update BIOS for Netserver e 60 but could not find an English language one on HP website.
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Sohuat,

Netserver E60 does not offcially support USB at all but have seen some people who owns the same server make it work.
'
The only work arround that you might try is to flash the system BIOS to the latest and see if it is able to recognizes it. Here is where you can download the latest BIOS for E60
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=18330&locale=en_US&taskId=135тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=45937&swEnvOID=54

Regards
Amha Kassa
SoHuat

Thanks Amha. I have checked my current BIOS. It is the same as the BIOS available for download.

BTW i have managed to get the thumb drives to work except the pocket harddisk. I have ried using two USB ports in case there is insufficient power, etc. Also tried diff harddisk. LOoks like a problem with the PCI board. Will try replacing it.