108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Refurbished I/O system board in LH3

SOLVED
Go to solution
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

Refurbished I/O system board in LH3

I just installed a system board in a LH3 because the NIC cards on the original board could not maintain a reasonable network connection speed.
The "new" refurbished board does not see the drives. During post it scans the scsi device channel 0 and channel 1 but finds no logical drives. I am then forced into the Netraid Express tools and any selection I try that "looks" at the drives starts at drive Channel 0 drive 00 and is locked at that point. I cannot cancel or escape out of the screen and there is no drive activity indicated other than both lights are solid on the drive 00, bottom right.
I'm assuming this board is bad but am I missing some sort of installation or set up procedure when replacing a I/O system board?
6 REPLIES 6
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Re: Refurbished I/O system board in LH3

NetRAID is enabled in BIOS ?
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

Yes, the netraid is enabled in the BIOS. The only way I could get to the BIOS was by pulling all the hard drives. If I engage a hard drive in the I am then forced into the Netraid Epress Tools and if I try to view the NVRAM configuration or drive configuration the system locks up.

Are there BIOS updates specific to the I/O system board that might be needed?
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor
Solution

AFAIK after replacing the IO board a firmware update should be done to make sure that the varios firmware pieces 'fit together'
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

I guess I should know what "AFAIK
" is but I don't???
Would the firmware update be the netraid LH3FWHSB.EXE update???
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

I ran the built in RAID update and the drives have been found. Unfortunately I still fighting the NIC issue. I pulled a NIC out of a Netserver E 45 that we installed Windows 2003 server. It's one of the small pci HP NICs that has the slope on the trailing edge. This same type works fine on other LH3 server but even though the installation looks clean in the device manager and appears to be communicating with the switch, it refuses to be enabled and is not securing a IP address.

Any idea's on where the hangup might be?
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

Have solved the NIC problem, replace the power share board as well