6362 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setup of LP2000r without the Netserver Navigator CD

SOLVED
Go to solution
CJ_15

I follewd this interesting threat. I have allmost the same problem.
The problem is:
I have 4 SCSI HDD connected to the NetRAID controller. But when the machine boot, it couldn't find any HDD, neither in CTRL-C and by scanning SCSI Devices.

When i pressed CTRL-M during the POST the screen turned black and nothing happend.

Help what could it be? Why couldn't I see any HDD?

Thnx
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

I think you have a different issue. Can you create new thread? And include the server model & NetRAID model? Along with history of server?
Dave Connelly_1

I have been wrestling with the EXACT same problem described above with three of my Netservers. All three were running perfectly until it was necessary to reboot them. Each one ultimately blue-screened with a "inaccesable boot device" error. Two of them I was able to get working again by booting off the Windows CD and hitting CTRL-C, loading the Symbios drivers and performing a repair of the Windows installation. The third one has been a thorn in my side ever since. I've replaced the server with another machine, but I'm still messing with this one with hopes of getting it running again. I'm quickly getting close to turning it into a boat anchor though.

It's a LC2000r server with (2) fixed disks and 6 hot-swap drives and have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this post with the same results Tom experienced.

It's the strangest thing. On bootup, the onboard Symbios "sees" all the drives installed. I can use CTRL-C to sucessfully format and verify all the drives. Using either the Netserver Navigator CD or installing directly from a Windows 2000 CD, everything is fine right up until the reboot after copying the Windows installation files to the drive. The initial Windows progress bar (black screen) completes and the GUI attempts to load. The GUI progress bar goes about 75% and the server blue-screens with an "unaccessable boot device" error.

On a whim, I purchased a refurbished motherboard expecting this to resolve the issue. No luck. Still have the exact same problem when trying to do a fresh install. I've even tried swapping out different drives (tried three different ones) and each time it's the same result.

As a last ditch effort, I acquired a new NetRAID 2M card and figured I'd completely bypass the onboard Symbios controller. Now upon bootup, the server appears to hang while "scanning SCSI devices". It reaches 96% (one fixed drive light is flashing repeatedly). It's been doing this for an hour now, I'm hoping it will eventually finish and I can attempt to install the OS again.

If not, me and this machine are going for a boat ride together ;)