Netservers
1753339 Members
5245 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Starting Netserver LC2000

Liam Nicklin

Starting Netserver LC2000

When I turn on my server, noting appears on my monitor!!! Please can you help.
7 REPLIES 7
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Re: Starting Netserver LC2000

Hi Liam,

Where do I start...
First, does the server power up?
Second, are there any beeps?

Okay, start here:
1. Open the server and clear the CMOS using Switch number 5 on the DIP Switch pack. Put the switch On, power up the server, power it back down and then move the switch back to Off.

2. If you still get no video, remove the RAM. This should generate a beep code. If there is still no beep code, it is likely a bad processor (see #3.) If there is a beep code, could be a system board problem (see #4)

3. If you have 2 CPU's, try removing one and then the other. Try swapping your Voltage Regulator Modules (VMR's). Reseat everything.

4. If there is a beep code (i.e. 1-3-3-1, etc.) then your processor is good. Likely a problem with the System Board, possibly the video chip. You can try a PCI Video Card but there's no guarantee that will work either.

5. Of course if there is no power, then we have a different problem entirely. Check your power source and power supply.

Give these a try and let us know what happens,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Liam Nicklin

there is a beep at start up I get lights on by the dip switch, but still nothing comes on the monitor.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Liam,

If it is a single beep, it is a regular POST Beep. Still think it could be the Video Chip. Have you tried another monitor? Have you tried pulling the RAM?

Sean

Liam Nicklin

If it is the video chip, how would i get arround this? I really appreciate the help.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

I answered this question in my first reply
Liam Nicklin

ok, I took the memory out, it gave me the boot sequence, i have changed the processor and voltage regulator, no different, i have also tried a video card, No joy. Any other solutions? Liam
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

What do you mean it gave you the boot sequence after taking out the RAM? It started to boot? That's not possible. Did it give you a beep code? If so, the problem is either the system board or the monitor. Like I said before, you can try a PCI Video card but there's no guaranty it will work. Make sure it is an older, low-end video card. If it doesn't work, you need to replace your system board. The part numbers are:
D8520-69000 - Ultra-2
P1798-69001 - Ultra-3