4912 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Teaming: Network Config Utility

Tom Connors

Teaming: Network Config Utility

Why do I see on the main page:

[?] HP NC7170 Dual...

Why is there a question mark? The help files all show examples of a number (e.g. [5])

What's the number in the brackets and what does it mean? Why do I get a question mark?
1 REPLY 1
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Teaming: Network Config Utility

Unsurprisingly, HP has not fix that yet. Probably because it does not cause any errors.

The reason you see "?" instead of a number is probably because you changed the names of your network connections.

If you notice, in Windows at least, when Windows detects your NICS, it numbers them sequentially. the first is Local Area Connection, then Local Area Connection 2, then 3.. and so on and so forth.

Once you rename the connection, CPQTEAM doesn't know what number it is anymore bebause you took it out of the sequentiallity of the wonderful world of Bill Gates.

Not to worry though, I don't recall it ever hurting anything. Though you may experience some trouble when using fail on fault teaming, I think the issue i encountered 2 years ago was fixed in a later version.

Basically, the nic's would not fail over properly for what seemed to be because CPQTEAM did not know the number of the nic. As soon as I renamed them back to the defaults... it worked fine.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)