Netservers
1752790 Members
6097 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Thank you Marco Hogeveen, and I have a firmware issue...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Luke_9
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Marco Hogeveen, and I have a firmware issue...

Marco-you helped me a while ago-my Netserver RAID 5 suffered a bad HD and you explained the rebuild process(I stepped into the IT dept. with no history available on the NW, & didnt know the config. of the server/RAID. It went smoothly)

Currently, I am tring to upgrade firmware for the RAID controler & the HD's, using the download tools on this site.
I have the tools & the libraries on the desktop.
However, the system (LH Pro/NT4 Svr)cannot find the A: drive to extract the tools to a floppy.
I noticed that if booting from a CDROM, the floppy becomes drive B:, but if the system is normal, the floppy drive in Windows is A:
What am I missing?
We run NT4 server, and another server running W2000Svr. I can move files between the 2, if that would help.
Thanks for any advice.
"Just reboot it..."
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Thank you Marco Hogeveen, and I have a firmware issue...

hi Luke
the file you download is a autoextractiong one with a batch file that create a floppy .
the file you download can be run in every windows machine, so if you experience problem with your server, just download the file from your pc or workstation and run the file, it will create the floppy there.No matter if w95,w98,w2k or NT
bye
marino
Luke_9
Frequent Advisor

Re: Thank you Marco Hogeveen, and I have a firmware issue...

Thanks Meloni. 10 points to you!
I have not tried yet, but I assume this will work.
-Although, I suppose I shouldnt format the floppy with the file structure of the workstation I'm using.

I have found that I can use any files on any floppy in any Windows OS, but only if the floppy is not formatted to a particular PC, Server, or OS.
...and NT is a little picky, so I will try this way first.

Cheers mate.
"Just reboot it..."