Netservers
1753835 Members
7861 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Time drift problem on LH3000...update BIOS?

Doreen Westrick

Time drift problem on LH3000...update BIOS?

I have an LH3000, and it loses time...EXCEPT when the server is rebooted - it then adds about 5 minutes!!! I was told to try the following:
1. Update the BIOS (how do I do that?)
2. Bring Novell up to the latest service patch
3. If 1 and 2 fail to fix the problem there is apparently a special patch for time synch...
Is there any one familiar with this problem that could help me out?
4 REPLIES 4
Frax
Occasional Advisor

Re: Time drift problem on LH3000...update BIOS?

Hi
the first think to do is to verify if the battery works or not.
To do that you can restart the server and enter in the bios. I suggest you to left the server in that windows for a night. The day after you can try to restart the server and to enter in the bios to verify if the server loses the time.
In that case your battery need to be replaced, if not you can check on novell site

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2946536.htm

That problem is experienced on novell 5

Ciao
Doreen Westrick

I believe the battery had been replaced a while ago, but never corrected the problem...
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Install TIMESYNC.NLM version 5.14 from Novell Technical Support or from NetWare Supportpack 4. Novell's database will have more information.
SSTCG
Occasional Advisor

Theo has the most likely answer to the time drift problem if you are running Novell.

I have 3 LC2000 servers running Netware 5.1 and all 3 started drifting as much as 90+ minutes a day depending on the I/O traffic after I installed SPACK2 on them. There was an update SPACK2a to fix it, which has now been superceded by SPACK3. (Assuming of course you are running 5.1.) In any case, you should be able to find the patch you need if you search Novell's knowledge base with something like "Time Drift" or "Time Sync" problems