Netservers
1751765 Members
5109 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Want to learn the parts of a server.

olddude2

Want to learn the parts of a server.

I'm 70 and a complete cyber dunce,  I have squired several hundred servers through an old contact.  I don;t want to just take them to the scrap yard.  I have searched the web for days and found no place that teaches how to identify the different parts. HELP !

3 REPLIES 3
madhuiss
HPE Pro

The Best place to look for all is compare the maintenance guide of different vendors. Except for DELL as they dont provide part numbers. But if you have the servers the spares & part numbers on each module will have the following:

P/N - Part number -B21 also
Spare P/N - SPare part number( usually for HP ends with -001 & for dell its 5 alphanumeric numbers)
Model number - usually -B21

So HP will do the rest.

Regards
Madhu
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SivaTS
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

The details of the HP parts are available at  http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

We can search with the part numbers to find the details of them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siva

I am an HP Employee.

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
VelocityTracy
Advisor

Depending on how old the servers are you may want to provide the specs to a company that buys servers and see if they can use any of the parts. Are there hard drives or memory included in these servers? Also, as others have stated the quickspecs is great for giving you all the parts included in the server. We just tore down about 500 servers for charity and got about $7000 to donate. if you need any more help on what to look for being worth money let me know!
New here but not new to the Industry and Love to help!