1753682 Members
5512 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

upgrade Netserver E60

VIOLI

upgrade Netserver E60

hello,

new on the forum me to try to migrate my server.
2 disks of 10giga in mirror toward 2 disks of 36,4 giga in mirror also without
to lose the data.

I thought to make a ghost picture of the first disk of 10giga toward the first disk of 36,4 g
thank you for your answers
éri
2 REPLIES 2
Manfred Weber
Regular Advisor

Re: upgrade Netserver E60

Hi,
is it hard- or software raid? If mirroring is done by windows it is very easy to do it your way. If you have a raid controller you can also make a ghost copy via network for example to a workstation. Don't forget the start diskette including the right network driver. After building a new raid array you load the image back to the new disks. This way is without any risk, because you have the old disks functional at every time. If you can place a minimum of three disks in the server you can copy from hard disk to hard disk and rebuild the raid 0 array afterwards (delete the old array, adding a disk to the new array and making this array the boot array).
Regards,
Manfred
VIOLI

Re: upgrade Netserver E60

hello, Thank you for the answer and the delay terrific fast, small precision of possibility for a three hard disk they are not all two on a SCSI card of type adaptec AHA 2940 the other retails is important because I must not lose the data (sensitive server)

The ghost of disk is a good idea

good day
ér