5047 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: AIO 400 CAN'T DO SYSTEM RECOVERY WITH NEW HARD DISK

feixianl
Occasional Visitor

AIO 400 CAN'T DO SYSTEM RECOVERY WITH NEW HARD DISK

hi every body:

we have an hp aio400 with 4*250GB hard disk installation for about 6 years old, recently , we find two hard disk has error shown in the Adaptec storage manager , so we decide to replace them, but it is not possbile to find the same model hard disk in the market, so we decide to purchase 4 new 1TB sata 2 hard disk , but it show error when i boot with recovery disk.

then i trying to install windows 2008, but there are no hard disk find after we boot the server with windows 2008 r2 DVD, but the disk can be detected in the adaptec bios and i can create arrays in it,  i contact with adaptec, they confirm the driver for adaptec 2420sa has been inculded in windows 2008 r2 installation dvd.

does any have the solution for me?

i know the server is very old need to be replaced but the problem is i have some license server application for some engineering software were installed on it, i can't change the server every easily.

1 REPLY 1
feixianl
Occasional Visitor

Re: AIO 400 CAN'T DO SYSTEM RECOVERY WITH NEW HARD DISK

i boot with the recovery disk , it give following error message ,

An error occured while restoring the factory image, createpartition: failed to create partition on disk 0 = 5, does any body know the solution