5019 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
quangvinh1705

Can you please upload the Server Recovery Disc again? I can't see it in your link.
VoicesFYC
Advisor

i might be wrong...but the SoftwareInstallation.iso is gonna be what you need :)   try that :)

NOTE to TOM and JEFF   ... MIGHT wanna NAme the ISO images the Same as the PICTURES so everyone knows what CD is What :)   and Tom..i downloaded everything as well so i have a backed up archive of everything :)

in case you  guys have any data loss :)  and i still get mail from here :)

and to EVERYONE...... HAPPY HOLLIDAYS ! :)

Daniel J Watkins

VoicesFYC.

g imhoff
Visitor

Thanks for putting these up Tom.  Are SoftwareRecoveryDisk and SoftwareRecoveryDisk2 the same file or would I need to download both?

Thanks.

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

These two files, "HPRecoveryDisk" and "...Disk2" SHOULD be the same. I had someone complain that they could not download the Recover Disk so I uploaded it again.

Tom

g imhoff
Visitor

Thanks very much. Maybe you could give me a bit of advice as well. I just purchased a used ex490. The guy who sold it to me told me that he was sure all was working fine with it, although I didn't ask him whether or not he wiped the 1TB drive clean or not.

Today I plugged it in the for the first time and the health light blinks red for a while and then goes solid red.  Tried installing the software on my PC (Windows 7) but it says the server could not be located. I tried the paper clip reset thing and the health light blinks 1 blue and then 4 red. 

Any ideas what I should do next?  Do I need to attempt to reinstall the server OS (which I hear can be difficult) or is there something else I can try?

Thanks

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

Can you see your server on your network? How is your server and your Pc's for that matter getting their IP addresses? Fixed or DHCP?

Assuming everything is plugged into an ethernet router log on to the router to see if you see all your devices.

Tom

VoicesFYC
Advisor

MR G.

scroll up and read my post after walter and READ it Carefully...it will give you a CLUE on how to get yer server started and Seen....mine was a PITA as well...but after fiddling with it and harrassing TOM and JEFF....i got it to work..so DO NOT Give UP easily...HP are always a PAIN :)   but it WILL work...unless there is a Hardware issue...and i'm betting you don't have that Issue :)

these 2 guys are THE BEST...and i'm a tech...so yer in good hands... just watch out for jeff...he smiles alot (not sure why)...LOL

Daniel.

VoicesFYC.

g imhoff
Visitor

Hi Tom,

No, I cannot see the server on my network. The ethernet port on the back of the server is blinking as if there is activity there but when I log into my router (running Tomato using DCHP), it says there is nothing connected to that physical port.

The PC (Windows 7) is using an auto IP, not static. If it's relevant, I log into my router using 192.168.1.x.  Is it possible the previous ownder perhaps set up  the server with a different subnet?

I"ve tried resetting the router but no luck. Still solid read health port.

Thanks for your reply as well Daniel. I'm hoping to avoid the full reinstall if possible but will keep your post in mind if I have to go that route.

Thanks.

g imhoff
Visitor

Well this is embarrassing. Followed the directions to reinstall OS, which ultimately  failed because there is no drive in the unit! Seller told me 1tb drive was intact but I didn't check and now see all four bays are empty. **bleep**.

VoicesFYC
Advisor