1753963 Members
7399 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NAS StoreEver 1640 compatibility with citrix

Cesar7
Occasional Visitor

NAS StoreEver 1640 compatibility with citrix

Good day!..... i have a question about NAS HP storeEasy 1640.

crrently, i have some servers for applications in my site and i would like to virtualize them. In this moment my site is using an citrix Hypervisor and anothers with Citrix client. My storage size is almost 12 TB but im thinking to growth to  40 TB almost.

I would like to know if it is possible to used NAS storeEasy 1640 as storage to locate the virtual machines in citrix?, in case of the hypervisor citrix and with citrix client?

i appreciate your help guys

1 REPLY 1
CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Re: NAS StoreEver 1640 compatibility with citrix

As you said, HP StoreEasy is NAS. The protocols it support are SMB ( 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.02), NFS (v2, v3, v4.1), WebDAV, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/FTPS, ISCS.  

I don't know much about Citrix as a hypervisor and the kind of integration that might be required to support it - I have a better understanding of how that works with VMware. But if Citrix can communicate with a NAS using the protocols that StoreEasy supports, I would think it would work. I don't believe we've done any testing with StoreEasy and Citrix Hypervisor so you might want to check what the storage requirements are from Citrix. 

Here's a link to the StoreEasy QuickSpecs.