5803 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS replication

David Navarro
Respected Contributor

NAS replication

Hi all.
Anyone knows how to replicate data from one NAS to another. Nas models are Compaq S1000.
There are any W2k servers in the same lan, maybe replicating NAS using any software in this server.
thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Lance Brown
Esteemed Contributor

You could use xcopy on a windows machine. If you use one of the parameters, it will only copy files that have changed, thus saving network bandwidth as well as server load. Xcopy /d will only copy files from the source that have changed. The d stands for date, buy you do not need to supply a date. It will only copy the files that are newer then the destination. If the destination had a newer file or the same file, it would be skipped. You then could have the same or different machine do another xcopy but in the other direction.

Lance
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I don't know how well or even if it works, but you should look at www.rainfinity.com and their RainStorage product. I believe it does what you're looking for.

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Peter A. Laudenslager
Occasional Advisor

This is a bit of an old thread, but just in case you are still looking for a solution...

Look at DataCopy from HP. This is the real-time replication solution offered on the NAS appliances. It allows you to replicate some or all of the data from one NAS to another, as it is changing, across any TCP/IP network.

You can also replicate data to or from a Windows server using the same software. For servers, you must buy DoubleTake(R) from the original developer, NSI Software (www.nsisoftware.com).

I hope this helps!