1748031 Members
4978 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failed to create any device

Floffy

Failed to create any device

Hi,

When i try to create any device in the simulator appears "failed to create device s5820v2-54qs-ge _ 1".

I try to use the lastest version from VirtualBox and the followings versions:

And still not working. This installation is on Windows 10 and i use the function of compatibility with Windows 7 and still not working.

I hope can you help me.

Greetings!

3 REPLIES 3
Floffy

I attach a screenshot of the error error1

Error2

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hello!

Could you let us know which version of HCL you are using as well as what installation options did you choose? If you use the latest HCL version 2.1.1 it can be installed with VirtualBox 5.1.22 or you can use a pre-existing VirtualBox. What was your choice during the setup? Have you tried to uninstall HCL, VirtualBox, reboot and re-install the HCL, this time with embedded VirtualBox?

Another thing to cosider should be the Windows 10 version. Could you let me know what is your version? Use 'winver' command to get the exact version and the build number.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hello!

Just FYI, the latest version 2.1.1 seems to be compatible only with Virtualbox 5.1.x API. Other versions will fail to communicate to the HCL. However, on the other hand the embedded ver. 5.1.22 has issues with the latest Windows 10 version.

For me I have found a working combination:

Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.719
HCL 2.1.1 (running in Windows 7 compatibility mode)
VirtualBox 5.1.38

Hope it helps!

Accept or Kudo

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo