1753913 Members
9004 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NEW version of Comware Simulator released - HCL_Setup_V2.0.0

Julio_Cesar
Occasional Visitor

Here resolved setting the hlc to compatibility for Windows7. 

Holgi
Frequent Visitor

@mtbernier Yes, I see the very same symptom. I reproduced on a test system updating W10pro all the way from 1507 to 1709 and it was working with 1511 still. The update process did not  involve the versions between though since I started from scratch with an old USB stick. I did not use HCL a while on my regular installation so I cannot tell which upgrade exactly caused the trouble if it was any 1511<X<1709 . Mostly I run W7 still on that notebook and swap boot devices physically from time to time.

It is interesting though that I have a colleague on W10 1709 which ran fine until 1709 and now it fails with that failure to start the device rather than the symptom that we see when starting HCL. 

As W10 nowadays is pretty flexible when it comes to changing the boot device and underlying HW I try to obtain such image for troubleshooting running on a local test hw or a VM (ignoring any possible activation trouble of course).

So I wonder whether I would also run into his problem when having fixed the python message.

bnt734
Occasional Contributor

Same error here using W10, HCL 2.0.1, VirtulaBox 5.0.40.

HCL can't start, error message in C:\Program Files (x86)\HCL\H3C Cloud Lab.exe.log is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "HCLUpdate.py", line 9, in <module>
File "Ui_PopUp.pyc", line 10, in <module>
File "PyQt4\QtGui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
File "PyQt4\QtGui.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Le syst├иme dтАЩexploitation ne peut pas ex├йcuter %1.

If i run HCL in compatibility mode Windows 7, it's strating but then i can't start a new device or one into an existing project.
So frustrating !!! Any idea??

Luukman
Established Member

I have same problem, with version 2.1 on windows 10. 

With compatibility mode to windows 7 I didn't get the PyQt4\QtGui.pyc errors, anymore But I still can't start a router...

using virtualbox 5.1.6 and HCL 2.1 

Then I noticed that I couldn't create a simple virtal machine and start it. so I uninstalled virtualbox and upgraded tot virtualbox 5.2.6. This helped for starting a new Virtual machine, but now in HCL I receive error "please check your installation of VirtualBox API" . Becaus this message has been around with version 4.2 and that had to do with a new path variable I added this variable but still no joy. 

I deinstalled virtualbox and installed my old version of virtualbox 5.1.6, startd HCL with admin privilage and....

shock!  It worked:-)

diasca
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Will this be available on HPE site?

Regards

yassirnajah
Established Member

Hello Luukman,

Thanks a lot, I had the same prob with win10 and VB 5.2.0, but working now with VB 5.1.6 (HCL 2.1.0) from the first install. 

Best Regards, Yassir

Capricorn800
Advisor

I works on my Window 170x Build but with 1803 its not working. There is some issue with MS build. I am getting the MSR start error so if you see that revert your build to previous version.

FMLogistic

Hello team,

Machine specs :

Windows 1803 x64

16 GB RAM

Lastest version of Virtualbox software installed

H3C HCL v2.1.1 run as Administrator and Windows 7 compatibility mode

The simulator works overall fine.

However, sometimes random interfaces start flapping really fast for no reason.

Steps to reproduce : Just try to leave the simulator running for a while, then the issue occurs.

Workaround : You have to stop the virtual switches, close H3C LAB and launch it again.

When you are working on a large lab, this bug is kind of infuriating...

Regards.

HelenKinkin
Visitor

I wish they had a bug free version of this, I work for a school district I am in the process of redoing my network, adding VLAN's etc...  And from reading all the problems on the forums it just doesn't seem like this is worth it?

Dazcomputers

I can't seem to find a link that works to download this emulator. Can anyone tell me where to get it please.