1753753 Members
5270 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Quick HPE/Aruba Switch Question....

marikelis47
Occasional Contributor

Quick HPE/Aruba Switch Question....

I bid on/won an тАЬopen box/customer returnтАЭ Aruba 2530-48G switch recently. When it was delivered to my house it ended up being the HPE 2530-48G switch instead. It is/was also sealed and never been opened. My understanding is that when the Aruba тАЬrebrandingтАЭ occurred, everything internally on the 2530 and possibly other HPE switches remained identical, it just had a new coat of paint/name.

Is this correct? I really donтАЩt want to go through the hassle of returning this HPE 2530-48G for an Aruba 2530-48G if I really donтАЩt have to.

TheyтАЩre identical from a hardware standpoint? My understanding also is that the HPE switches ran ProVision software, and the Aruba rebranded ones run Aruba OS? So...if I power this HPE 2530-48G up...will it update to Aruba OS?

3 REPLIES 3
jmpk
HPE Pro

Hi @marikelis47 

Aruba 2530 & HPE 2530 both are identicial switch and it Provision OS (NOS) on it.  The rebranded Aruba also uses the provison only . 

All the rebranded Aruba switches runs the provison OS ( NOS) and only the Aruba legacy prodcuts (Clearpass , Aruba CX switches ) runs the Aruba OS . Not the rebranded one.  

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Aruba 2530-48G switch is a rebranded name of HPE 2530-48G switch. HPE Provision OS which are used into HPE Procurve switch renamed into ArubaOS.
They are identical. Aruba is the new brand name of the Procurve switches. ArubaOS is running with legacy features of Provison with enhancements.

OS into HPE 2530-48G will depend on the version running into it. If its older version then you need to upgrade it to latest. We cannot say Power up will update to latest.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Has my post helped you to answer your query?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo