Operating System - HP-UX
1752815 Members
5637 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

APA - Virtual interface on failover group?

SOLVED
Go to solution
luissma
Advisor

APA - Virtual interface on failover group?

Hi,

I was considering the possibility of using APA on some of my HP-UX servers but I have a couple of doubts:

Is it possible to create a virtual interface, for example lan900:1, on a failover group? Should I include the definition of this new interface in /etc/rc.config.d/network and run "hpapa" before "net" start script?

Another doubt is what should I do with lan original definitions in network config file. Should I leave them there as if APA was not configured in the system?

Thanks in advance,

Luisma Arranz
4 REPLIES 4
Chandrahasa s
Valued Contributor

Re: APA - Virtual interface on failover group?

Hi,

You can create virtual interface like 900:1

but this is may cause problem in case if you stop apa services.

when you stop apa services 900 will be removed so ip assigned to 900:1 will not able to connect.

Chandra

Zinky
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes you can have VIs on APA interfaces and it is actually good practice.

And yes, the original definitions actually need to remain in /etc/rc.config.d/netconf (not network!)

I configured my APA interfaces via SMH and it seems to always leave the lan definitions in netconf.

The VIPs we usually define as a separate RC script -- outside of netconf for added intelligence in case APA is broke.
Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
luissma
Advisor

Ok, more or less clear. Thanks to both of you.
luissma
Advisor

Will configure my virtual IP as suggested, on a failover group.