3891 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Auto Port Agregation License Renewal

tempsample
Frequent Advisor

Auto Port Agregation License Renewal

Hi

It was informed to me that APA License has to renew.

when I refer to some other friends , They told if APA is already installed and MCOE is used,APA renewal is not required .

I need to know if License renewal is based on OE ?

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > System Administration to HP-UX > networking.
-HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The only renewal you should ever have to do is your overall support agreement.

If you do have the MCOE installed, then APA is included with that and no separate l icense should be required.

tempsample
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

we also have few server running with HP-UX Foundation Operating Environment Component and APA is configured in those servers.

Do APA License Renewal is required for those servers ??

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Basically the answer is the same as before.  The only renewal that should be required is the renewal of your HP support contract.  There may be some line items in there that say something about an APA license.  

As far as I know, if you do not renew your support you still have the right to use the software.

tempsample
Frequent Advisor

Hi Patrick,

Thanks .

Do you have any document or link to verfiy and confirm that  APA license renew  are not required ??

I was not able to find any related document explaning about APA license renew.

Ajin_1
Valued Contributor

Hi APA License renewal is done by paper work. The warranty of APA is included in HP inclusive warranty contract.
Thanks & Regards
Ajin.S
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.