108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Auto Port aggegiation in hp-ux 11.31 Blade 860C

Syedfurquan
Trusted Contributor

Hello Expert,

I need some more help on this issue..

Today I have an interaction with my SAN and network Administrator. As per their information what they are planning to do is as follows:

curently we have 2 core switch in our enviornment, 1 C7000 Blade enclosure having 4 BL860C server running with HP-UX 11.31. In the back of C7000 enclosure it is connected with 2 HP-VC Flex 10 Enet Module having 1 fibre connectvity in each card.

Currently we don't have network redundancy for our HP-UX serevrs because few HP-UX servers are connected with core switch 1 while other HP-UX servers are connected with core switch 2. In case one of the core switch goes down the serevr connected with that switch will also go down.

So to prevent from this situation what they are trying to do is  create a new VLAN using core switch 1 & 2 and then from that VLAN give it to each HP-UX servers.

Now my concerned here is after doing this configuration how I am going to get at HP-UX OS side? Does thsi configuration will dissolve my all network configuration and I have to reassign it for Physical IP, Virtual IP and Private network?

After doing this configuration how the NIC details will be appearing at the HP-UX OS side and will the name change or it will still be same as lan0, lan1, lan2 lan3.

what details I should have before doing thsi configuration, curently I have save lanscan and netstat -nr O/P for mac address information.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

Regards,
Syed
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Connect to the system via ILO (serial console). Start "smh" and delete the current IP settings, configure APA (lan0+lan1) and assign the IP. This works well with smh.

I assume you will get problems with the 2 IP addresses in the same subnet, read this:

http://www.mayoxide.com/presentations/Understanding_hpux_routing.pdf

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!