New Discussion юеВ

Re: C180 & btlan5 NIC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter_17
Frequent Advisor

C180 & btlan5 NIC

Hi all,

I have a C180 with a pci btlan5 card but it did not get 'recognized' during the fresh install of hp-ux 11.00. I see reference in libs to btlan3... but not btlan5. It is visible in ioscan:

lan 0 8/0/3/0 btlan5 UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN PCI Ethernet (10110019)

lan 1 8/16/6 lan2 CLAIMED INTERFACE Built-in LAN

...but it's UNCLAIMED. I don't see it in lanscan/lanadmin. Is there a patch which needs to be installed to get this card configured? Currently only the onboard 10MB connection is functioning.

Thanks,

Pete
7 REPLIES 7
Joseph C. Denman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Peter,

UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN

You need to load the drivers for the lan card. There are located on the application disk 1. Once you load the drivers, the system will recognize the lan card and you can set it up.

...jcd...
If I had only read the instructions first??
Bernie Vande Griend
Respected Contributor

It sounds like you first need to install the driver for btlan5. (HP PCI 100)
Ye who thinks he has a lot to say, probably shouldn't.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Peter:

"Unclaimed" points to a missing driver. For 'btlan5' I believe you need products A5509BA and A5230A. These should be on the Application CDROMs.

Regards!

...JRF...
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

This is normal. It simply means that the device drivers are not loaded for this particular NIC. Mount the Application CD's and look for the Software. Typically, it's on the 1st CD of the Application Software.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

all the answers about needing to load a driver are sopt-on. the card driven on 11.0 by the btlan5 driver is not a "core" interface and so was not made part of the core driver set in HP-UX 11. however, I _think_ that the unification of the 2114X-based 100BT card drivers in 11i helps that. so, another solution might be to install 11i instead of 11.0 :)
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Peter_17
Frequent Advisor

Thanks all...
jbossert
Visitor

Hey Guys,

Can someone provide me with that Nic card driver URL/file, i'm not able to locate it anywhere and i've lost the hp ux original CD :(

Thanks,