Operating System - HP-UX
1753792 Members
6973 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can I map file systems to a Novell network drive?

Fran Dunnebacke

Can I map file systems to a Novell network drive?

How can I map a file system from my HP9000 to a network drive (let's say H) so I can access the contents directly from my Novell networked PC? Our office is currently networked with WIN95 PCs via a Novell server running 5.1. We have 2 D-class and 2 K-class machines with 2 boxes running 10.20 and the other two 11.0.
The buck stops here!
6 REPLIES 6
Antonio Valle_1
Honored Contributor

A long time ago existed a software from HP for HP-UX to emulate a Novell server.

If you are using the Microsoft Network Client on your PC's, you can use either SAMBA or AdvanceServer/UX. Both products will make your HP-UX box to act as a NT server.
Antonio Valle_1
Honored Contributor

A long time ago existed a software from HP for HP-UX to emulate a Novell server.

If you are using the Microsoft Network Client on your PC's, you can use either SAMBA or AdvanceServer/UX. Both products will make your HP-UX box to act as a NT server.
Antonio Valle_1
Honored Contributor

Antonio Valle_1
Honored Contributor

Antonio Valle_1
Honored Contributor

Antonio Valle_1
Honored Contributor

test