4360 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Can Oracle Apps be run on two simultaneous links of different ISPs

Deepu Chakravarty
Regular Advisor

Can Oracle Apps be run on two simultaneous links of different ISPs

Hi,
I have following requirement and if anybody can give some insight then it will be very useful for me.
Thanks in advance.

"There will be two links which is running simultaneously but their latency will be different.
For example we have two ISP’s one is reliance and the other one is Tulip. Reliance average latency is 39ms to 45 ms and Tulip’s latency is 60ms to 75ms respectively. We can take one scenario, we are sending one packet with 100kb size from Bangalore to Gurgaon, the 100kb size packet will be split into two 50kb size packet each @ Bangalore router and send via both links to Gurgaon router.
The first packet will reach the destination via reliance within 35ms and the second packet will reach the destination via Tulip in 60ms and will become one single packet @ Gurgaon router and then it will send to the application server as a one single packet with 100Kb size.

In Voice related applications this will become problem as lot of echo and packet drops may occur.
To my knowledge, in data related applications there will be a buffer time so that packet loss will not occur.
Please confirm on this data related applications like Oracle Applications.
2 REPLIES 2
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

Re: Can Oracle Apps be run on two simultaneous links of different ISPs

Hello,

High latency may cause some Oracle applications to time out and disconnect the user.

It is not important how your routers are sending the packets and how they are remapped into one single packet.

Your oracle application administrator should make some optimizations of the parameters (form/login timeouts, etc.) to get the most from your WAN connection.

Best regards,
Horia.
Best regards from Romania,
Horia.
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

Re: Can Oracle Apps be run on two simultaneous links of different ISPs

Cisco has a whitepaper referring Oracle E-Business Suite 11i, you check it at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/DCOracle.html

Best regards,
Horia.
Best regards from Romania,