Networking
1753297 Members
6749 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't access new user's outlook

xiaoping yu

Can't access new user's outlook

Are there any people like me still there? I am so tired that I don't want to figure out by myself any longer. I know how important your time is.
I try to set up a new xp desktop, new user. The new user can log on the network, can access Internet, can access mapped network drive. But can't access her outlook. The error message is: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange server computer has failed."

using the same computer, I logged as myself and can access everything, include the Internet, outlook, mapped network drive.

using different workstation. This new user get the same result.

I can see the new user in the global address list in outlook. After I added this new user profile and checked name, I can see the name is underlined.

I setup another new user, it has the same error, no matter which computer I use.

All these make my feel that there is something wrong in the outlook exchange server with the new user I will make. Any idea or any questions?
2 REPLIES 2
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't access new user's outlook

Are you an Administrator? If yes, try making your user a member of the Administrator's group (as a test).

What is your domain server? SBS/SBS2000/WIN2K/NT4?

Thanks!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't access new user's outlook

It sounds as if you have left them out of a security group.

The following MS article discribes what properties need to be on the store, but you may have assisgned a certian group privledges that these new users don't have access to by default.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282964

What version of Exchange are you running?

Did you upgrade the Exchange Server from 5.5 to 2000? Did you ever install and test Exchange 2000 RC2 (Release Candidate 2)?

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda