Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing APA link aggregate PPA starting number

Tom Wolf_3
Valued Contributor

Changing APA link aggregate PPA starting number

Hello, we are using APA in LAN_MONITOR mode on our HP-UX 11.23 server. We're running version B.11.23.40 of APA.

I understand that the starting link aggregate PPA number for 11i is 900. To accomodate one of our vendors software running on this HP-UX server, we'd like to change this starting number to a single digit. Perhaps 9. Is there a way to do that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
2 REPLIES
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing APA link aggregate PPA starting number

/etc/rc.config.d/hp_apaconf...
HP_APA_INTERFACE_NAME parameter..

I think u can change it, keeping it 900 is just a way so that it can be recognised in one shot.

why do u want to change it.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
shanmuhanandam
Regular Advisor

Re: Changing APA link aggregate PPA starting number

Hi,
if you change the name in the hp_apa file, then hpapa will not start. it is not possible to change the name.

Thanks,
Shnamugam.