5821 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Domain users are being disabled after new security policies

Doug_85
Regular Advisor

Domain users are being disabled after new security policies

Problem:

New security policies that were enabled are automatically disabling user accounts on the domain. Once an account is re-enabled the account may be active for a couple a days before being locked out again. Although, sometimes their user account has to be unlocked several times before they stop being locked out of the domain.

I'm not sure where to start, since I'm not sure which security patches were loaded or implemented by the security manager. Any suggestions to the cause and remedy of accounts automatically being locked will be forwarded to the security manager in order to take care of this problem.

Thanks,
Doug
7 REPLIES 7
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

What OS? 2000, XP?

Were the security changes done through Active Directory?

Are both the servers and workstations current on patches (hotfixes security updates, etc.)?

Any chance you have a trojan attacking from within which is locking out your users?

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Doug_85
Regular Advisor

We are currently not on active directory and all system security patches and updates have been applied.

Doug
Doug_85
Regular Advisor

Currently we are runnging NT 4.0, Windows 2000, XP Professional and Servers 4.0, 2000 and server 2003.

No Trojans have been detected.

Doug
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Can I assume then that your server is 2000?

What are the desktop clients? 2000, XP

Was the security restriction through a manditory profile, or through a group policy?

Applying security hotfixes "shouldn't" have caused the problem.... It's probably related more to what restrictions have been enforced or put in place by the Security Manager.

Jon
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

thanks.... I should have waited another minute or two before replying... :-)

Jon
Doug_85
Regular Advisor

Security restrictions were implemented through a group policy.

Doug
STEVEN LEE_12
Frequent Advisor

Does the automatic disableing involve all users? If it involves only certain users most probably you may have conflicting group policies.

Check which group(s) the users belong to and what are the policies set for them previously. Then check whether there are any conflict with the new security policies.