Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever heard of FSPD being used on HP-UX?

SOLVED
Go to solution
john guardian
Super Advisor

Ever heard of FSPD being used on HP-UX?

File Service Protocol. I've seen it used on several Linux variants, but never on HP-UX?

Thx.
2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Ever heard of FSPD being used on HP-UX?

Looks like this is just another protocol that nobody really use. It was intended as an alternative to anonymous FTP, right?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
john guardian
Super Advisor

Re: Ever heard of FSPD being used on HP-UX?

Yes, it was intended for just that. I have found some early references to builds available for UX 10.2 and 11 (pre-11i), but nothing from that point on.

One side project I'm associated with is currently geting ready to replace an 11.0 machine w/11.31 HW/SW. One person uses FSP on this system. I think it's time to acquaint him w/some newer and more secure methods for file xfer.

Thx.