Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation 2 Fingerprint

GaBarnes
Occasional Contributor

Generation 2 Fingerprint

I am looking for the Generation 2 nmap fingerprint for an "HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800".

This fingerprint was part of the Generation 1 database, but was not transistions to Generation 2 that I have found. Therefore does anyone have an entrie for said fingerprint?

Side note, what does the 'A' in "A 9000/800" represent? I have found 'C' and 'U' in the database, just not 'A'

3 REPLIES
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: Generation 2 Fingerprint

Howdy,

The original HP-UX 11.00 went end of support ten years ago. The only current version is HP-UX 11.31 aka 11iv3

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-7673ENW.pdf

You might have more luck with HP-UX specifics on their sub-forum on this site - look under Products -> "Servers and Operating Systems" and follow the white rabbit :-)

The "A" and 9000/800 etc specifies a PA-Risc 9000 server architecture. Prod workloads should have all moved onto Itanium CPU familiy years ago.

If you want to know how the HP-UX box should be secured do a serach for the "HP-UX Bastille toolkit"

Hope that helps - Kudos button is there in case it did :-)

Cheers

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>what does the 'A' in "A 9000/800" represent?

I think it is the number of licensed users.  U is unlimited.

Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Blimey! That is a blast from the past.

I think we got the unlimited licenses when we upgraded to HP-UX 11.00 from 10.20

I'm not saying it was a long time ago but our new box that year (N4000?) would have graduated from school this summer :-)

Ta

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me